[CJAS Otakon] Otakon 2006 Prereg and Hotel

James Kao jmk17 at cornell.edu
Fri Jan 20 01:07:45 EST 2006

Hey all, quick update about Otakon 2006.

As usual, I will be organizing a group prereg and hotel block.

I already have hotel rooms to fit up to 36 people reserved.

Otakon has not yet announced prereg prices and deadlines yet.

In previous years, I've delayed doing hotel registration until after
prereg was complete. However, there was no particular reason for that
order except that in theory, you prereg first, then get your
hotel. But in practice, most of the closest hotels on that weekend
have already been booked full. Last year, prereg didn't complete until
late in the year, and the delay in doing hotel seems to have created
angst for people who didn't have full faith in my ability to house
them. Thus we were vastly undersubscribed, cancelling or giving
away half of the rooms I reserved.

This year, I'm not going to wait until prereg completes to begin hotel
reg.

If you are interested in staying in the "CJAS and Friends" room block,
please send me an e-mail and I will add you to the hotel reg system
when I bring it on-line. If you know people (CJAS or otherwise) you
might be interested in joining us, have them send me an e-mail as
well. If you or your friends are sending email from an addres that
doesn't indicate your real name, please include it in the email. I
can't register anonymous people. :)

Oh, and as usual, if you do not send me an email, you will not be
added to the process. Do not assume that I will add you because I know
you personally. Those who fail to e-mail me are assumed to be
uninterested.

This e-mail is going out to info-l and to the people who were involved
in prereg or hotel from last year. If you qualify as both, you will
receive a duplicate of this message, for which I apologize.

Thanks!!