[CJAS Otakon] Otakon Hotel 2006!

James Kao jmk17 at cornell.edu
Wed Jun 14 12:33:00 EDT 2006

Hi all,

You should have just received an e-mail indicating that I have opened
up registration for otakon hotel. If you are not interested in staying
with the hotel block I am arranging, feel free to ignore the message.

The hotel this year is the Holiday Inn Baltimore Inner Harbor, and
with our traditional 6 per room staying arrangement, that works out to
about $67.60 for the whole weekend.

As with previous years, hotel registration will be done using the
affinity web application, which allows you to specify your roomate
preferences. Here are the important dates and steps:

By July 16: Log into affinity and confirm your intent. While doing so,
you can indicate whether you'd prefer a 4 person or 6 person room
(obviously 4-person will be more expensive). Because my number of
hotel rooms is fixed, in order to accomodate everyone who wants to
join, I may end up packing 6 people into all the rooms. Thus, this is
a _preference_ that I may or may not be able to adhere to.

Between July 16 and July 23: Log into affinity and update your
affinities. This indicates the people you would prefer to room with,
and is very important for the room selection process.

Between July 23 and July 30: Log into affinity and select your
room. You can see who else is already in a room when you make your
choice.

If you have ANY questions whatsoever, please e-mail me and I will
respond promptly. Thanks!!