[CJAS Otakon] Help wanted: Assistant Administrator

James Kao jmk17 at cornell.edu
Mon May 19 18:50:17 EDT 2008

Hi all,

Sorry for the lack of info in the last couple of months, although
there's not much new to update people on.

I have rooms reserved at the Sheraton Inner Harbor, logistics will be
pretty much the same as in previous years. I currently have enough
rooms to handle everyone who said they were interested, and usually
only a fraction of those people actually end up coming.

However, I do need some help. Since I've gotten bogged down with work
and with the Otakon gameshow, I need someone to help me administrate
the hotel process, mostly just operating Affinity, the web application
I use to assign people to rooms, and then putting together room lists
and solicit for room chairs. If you've come in previous years, this
should be familiar stuff, if you haven't, it's actually fairly easy.

So, if anyone out there would like to help me out, please let me
know. Preference will be given to people whom I do not know, since our
group has been dwindling in recent years and I'd like to expand the
circle.

Thanks!