[CJAS Otakon] Affinity Room Selection is now Open

James Kao jmk17 at cornell.edu
Sat Jul 11 14:17:54 EDT 2009

Sorry about the delay. Room selection is now open.

You should now log into affinity at:

http://www.cjas.org/affinity

And assign yourselves to a room.

In each room, I need one person to volunteer to be the room chair by
clicking on the "Volunteer" link in the left navbar after assigning
yourself to your room.

If you'd like to make a themed room to attract other people to it,
feel free to change the title and description using "Edit Room" after
selecting a room.

It took a little shuffuling, but I think I have a cost schedule that
works for the period from Friday to Sunday:

http://www.cjas.org/mwiki/Otakon2009#Costs

Currently there are 8 slots for 4-person occupancy preference and 24
slots for 6-person occupancy preference. This should allow groups that
are adamant about 4-person occupancy preference to fill a 4-person
room should they wish.

The prices are in the case that both 4-person rooms are fully occupied.

Should a 4-person room end up unoccupied (there is enough space in the
6-person rooms that 1 of the 4-person rooms can be left vacant), I
will close the empty room and this will reduce the cost for the other
occupied 4-person room because we'll then be fully packed with no
wasted slots.

Should a 4-person room end up only partially occupied (e.g. only 2 out
of 4 slots filled), I would propose to those occupants that they move
themselves to 6-person rooms becuase the cost of unoccupied slots in a
4-person room would likely double their already high cost.