[CJAS Otakon] Otakon 2015 Hotel is Open!

James M. Kao jmk17 at cornell.edu
Tue Jun 30 22:23:04 EDT 2015

Hi all,

Quick summary:
  * Links with Information
  * Affinity is open (hotel confirmation and friend selection)
  * Thursday night hotel
  * Need volunteers:
    * Otakon Gameshow
    * Dinner organization
  * Adding people to my list

LINKS WITH INFORMATION

AFFINITY IS OPEN
----------------

You should have received an e-mail today indicating that I have opened up
registration for Otakon 2015 Hotel. If you are not interested in staying
with the hotel block I am arranging, feel free to ignore the message.

The hotel this year is the Sheraton Baltimore Inner Harbor. Costs are TBD
depending on the final confirmations in affinity, but should be under $125
for the whole weekend.

As with previous years, hotel registration will be done using the affinity
web application, which allows you to specify your roommate preferences.
Here are the important dates and steps:

By July 12:

Log into affinity at: http://www.cjas.org/affinity

Confirm your intent by clicking "Confirm Intent" in the left navbar.
While doing so, you can indicate whether you'd prefer a 4 person or 6
person room. Because I was unable to secure any rooms with 2 beds, we will
only be going 4 to a room, and this preference doesn't matter.

Also, check back periodically to select and update your affinities. This
indicates the people you would prefer to room with, and is very important
for the room selection process. It makes room selection less of a race, and
helps make sure that everyone gets to stay with whom they
want.

Between July 12 and July 19:

Log into affinity and select your room. You can see who else is already in
a room when you make your choice.

Remember that each account in affinity can only be assigned a single slot.
So if you are attending with your significant other, etc..., each person
needs to have their own account and is responsible for their own assignment.

THURSDAY NIGHT HOTEL
--------------------

If you plan on arriving on Thursday, please visit the Otakon 2014 wiki page
http://www.cjas.org/mwiki/Otakon2015 and add yourself to the list under the
"Thursday Night Arrivals" section. Make sure to include your cell phone
number, since that is how I will reach you in order to get you access to
your room when you arrive.

You must list yourself by JULY 19, otherwise I will NOT have any space for
you on Thursday and you WILL be left to fend for yourself.

NEED VOLUNTEERS
---------------

As in previous years, we are handling the Otakon Game Show this year and
need volunteers. Those people who indicated they were willing to help out
in the signup web form will be contacted.

We also need a volunteer for the group dinner. I'm hoping for a volunteer
this year, so if you're interested please let me know. Unlike e-board
dinner, this won't be a vote. You will have total control. :)

ADDING PEOPLE TO MY LIST

This year instead of having people email me to get on my list, I had a web
form for people to fill out.

If there are still people you know who might join us, point them to
this Google Docs survey:

http://bit.ly/otakonhotel2015

If you aren't sure if you or someone else filled out this form, rather than
entering a duplicate entry, you can check the list at:

http://bit.ly/oh2015list