[CJAS Otakon] Prereg and General Status Update

James Kao jmk17 at cornell.edu
Tue Feb 21 22:49:17 EST 2006

Hello to all you potential Otakon congoers!

which is how I'll be communicating all otakon-related info from now
until the con. A few things I wanted to note:

(1) Prereg Changes

Otakon has changed its registration policy from previous years and
there is no longer any discount for early registration or group
registration. That means that there isn't any real economic reason for
me to process preregs in bulk. Those of you who have your own credit
cards will find it easiest to prereg yourself at http://www.otakon.com
rather than go through the group song-and-dance with me.

That being said, I will still be doing a group prereg using the same
web system I used last year for those of you who may not have credit
cards and would prefer to work with cash through me. If you fall into
this category, just sit tight and I'll send out more information once
I'm ready to gather registrations.

(2) Making Sure I Didn't Miss Anyone

If you sent me an email (which presumably is why you're getting this
email) you're on my list for potentially needing hotel space but with
no obligation or commitment on your part (or on mine). The list of
everyone on my list can be gotten at:

	http://www.cjas.org/mailman/roster/otakon

Please check this and see if everyone whom you think should be there
(e.g. your friends) is listed there. I'll continue to add people to my
list indefinitely, sending me email is not a race. (Which is not to
say that there wonn't be a race if I end up vastly oversubscribed. But
right now that doesn't seem likely and I'll let you know if such a
thing happens.) If there is anyone you know who would like to be
added, just have them send me an email. All I need is their real name
and their email address.

Thanks!!