[CJAS Otakon] The Helmand - a CJAS/Otakon Dinner Event

Gregory Marques gregmarques at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 18:08:16 EDT 2006

Hello otaku,

I'm coordinating the Friday night dinner at The Helmand. Please RSVP to me (
gregmarques at cjas.org) if you'd like to join us.

http://www.helmand.com/

It has long been one of our favorite places to eat.
They have lots of delicious lamb and ground beef in their savory dishes. The
Kaddo Borawni has been a favorite of my friends for years.
Their "specials" are basically vegetarian versions of the entire menu, so
you have equal selection if you're not into meats.
The place looks nice, almost fancy on the inside, but the prices are very
normal ($10-20 entrees).
In terms of quality per price, this will likely be one of your best meals of
the weekend.

I suggest we meet at 5:30 at the St Paul Street exit of the convention
center (this is the entrance they always use for registration). I will,
naturally, be making a reservation. I plan to place that call on the 1st, to
ensure we can all fit (if I get a healthy response).

Getting there:
If we have more than 4-6 people I recommend the Light Rail and a bit of
walking.
There is a light rail stop just west of the Convention Center by Camden
Yards. It costs $1.60 each (1-way) and we can all pile in at once. The light
rail trains come every 10 minutes or so.

http://www.mtamaryland.com/maps/downtown_baltimore/A1.cfm
We'd then walk from the L at center street over to the words "Mount Vernon"
on the right of it on that map. It's 5 blocks (2N+3E).

 We could take Taxis if we really want to, but with traffic they might be a
lot slower (and cost a lot more than 3.20ea).

E-mail me if you are interested.