[CJAS Otakon] Room Selection is OPEN!

James Kao jmk17 at cornell.edu
Tue Jul 22 13:02:51 EDT 2008

Hi all,

Sorry for the mess-up, room selection was supposed to open a few days
ago, but I forgot to start it until now.

Log in to affinity (http://www.cjas.org/affinity) and you can now join
a room using the "Select Room" link in the left menu bar.

This is where your affinities will come into play.

Each room will hold 6 people this year, and we will most likely be at
max capacity. When you join a room, space will be reserved for the
people you marked as your friends. As those friends join rooms, their
reserved slots will be freed to be used by other non-friends. In this
way, you don't need to race to add friends to your rooms, but those
who don't know many people won't be stuck unable to join any room.

You can also change the title and description for your room by
selecting "Edit Room", if you want to try to make a themed room and
attract others into it.

I also need volunteers to be chairpersons for each room. I need one
person from each room to select the "Volunteer" link. Room chairs will
help be organize their rooms, mostly collecting money out of their
rooms, coordinating room keys (I will give all the keys for the room
to the room chair, who will then subdivide them in their own chosen
manner.) They also help me make sure everyone is chased out of their
room by the designated checkout time.

Room chairs are very important, and I need one designated for each
room.

Thanks!