[CJAS Otakon] Important Reminders

James Kao jmk17 at cornell.edu
Thu Jul 24 08:22:52 EDT 2008

Hi all, just wanted to lay out a few reminders (there are 8, please
read them all):

(1) There's a wiki page at http://www.cjas.org/mwiki/Otakon2008 with a
summay of key information for the con. Please check out and add
yourself to lists where appropriate.

(2) Room assignment is open. Please add yourself to a room ASAP. There
are a few additional last minute people that I'm trying to squeeze in,
but I need to see where the regular guests will be first. So please,
put yourself in a room as soon as you can.

(3) Confirm yourself for hotel space if you haven't done so
already. You can't add yourself to a room until you click "Confirm
Intent" in the left navbar and an administrator approves you. If you
plan on coming, that's the first step you'll need to do in order to
stake out space in our room block. If you haven't done this yet, you
really need to do this IMMEDIATELY.

(4) Dinner gathering, Saturday at 6PM. Details are on the wiki,
register yourself with Owen Hsia at hydrox at gmail.com if you can go.

(5) Otakon gameshow; we're running the Otakon gameshow again this
year, and we need helpers. If you're interested, add yourself to the
list on the wiki.

(6) Thursday night arrival; if you need space Thursday night, add
yourself to the list on the wiki. This is important, because I'll be
calling each of you once I arrive in order to coordinate key pickup.

(7) Standard Friday check-in logistics: This is normally done by
meeting up at a designation place and time on Friday. I'll set this
once the Otakon schedule is available and based on peoples' arrival
information. If you update your arrival information on the wiki, I'll
take that into account and contact you directly if we need to make
special arrangements.

(8) Ride board - There are people who need rides and those who may
have rides available. You should post any availability or need you
have in the ride share section on the wiki.