[CJAS Otakon] Cleaning up the Thursday night arrivals list

James Kao jmk17 at cornell.edu
Wed Jul 1 13:58:39 EDT 2009

Hi all,

Yet another administrative e-mail.

First of all, it's come to my attention that there has been some
confusion relating to whether I not I have you on my list or not. If
you directly subscribed yourself to the otakon at cjas.org list without
contacting me, then I do not know who you are and do not have you on
my list.

There are many more people on the list for non-hotel informational
purposes in addition to being a hotel participant, so putting yourself
on the list doesn't mean that you're part of the hotel group.

Only if you have been approved in affinity
(http://www.cjas.org/affinity) are you a confirmed part of our hotel
group.

There are still a few people on the wiki for Thursday night hotel who
are at risk of be turned away if they show up. In particular:

 * Eric Jones - you have been invited to affinity but have not confirmed
 * Tyler Vickers - I have not been contacted by you, you are not a participant

Also, there are a numnber of "probably" and "likely" entries, and
Kathy, you have "6 other people" listed.

I need all the participants to be listed out so that I can map
Thursday night room assignments to people's final assignments in
affinity, and I need to know definitively whether or not you will be
showing up.

The reason for this is that based on people's assignments and how many
there are, I will cancel unneeded rooms (otherwise the cost of
Thursday night will skyrocket since we'll have to pay for all this
unused space).

I will be cancelling down to the number of confirmed Thursday night
attendees, and if you show up as a "maybe", you probably will not have
space when you arrive.

Please ammend your entries in the wiki to eliminate any "maybe"
"probably" or "likely" by July 10, and either remove yourself or list
yourself. On July 10, any entires with some hedge on them will be
removed.