[CJAS Otakon] Hotel confirmation and friend assignment are open

James Kao jmk17 at cornell.edu
Sun Jun 28 03:11:18 EDT 2009

Hi all,

Quick summary:
 * Affinity is open (hotel confirmation and friend selection)
 * Thursday night hotel
 * Need volunteers:
   * Otakon Gameshow
   * Dinner organization

AFFINITY IS OPEN
----------------

You should have received an e-mail today indicating that I have opened up
registration for otakon hotel. If you are not interested in staying
with the hotel block I am arranging, feel free to ignore the message.

The hotel this year is the Hilton Baltimore, and with our traditional 6 per
room staying arrangement, that works out to about $75 for the whole
weekend.

As with previous years, hotel registration will be done using the affinity
web application, which allows you to specify your roommate
preferences. Here are the important dates and steps:

By July 1:

Log into affinity and confirm your intent by clicking "Confirm Intent" in
the left navbar. While doing so, you can indicate whether you'd
prefer a 4 person or 6 person room (obviously 4-person will be more
expensive). Because my number of hotel rooms is fixed, in order to
accomodate everyone who wants to join, I may end up packing 6 people into
all the rooms. Thus, this is a _preference_ that I may or may not
be able to adhere to.

Also, check back periodically to select and update your affinities. This
indicates the people you would prefer to room with,
and is very important for the room selection process. It makes room
selection less of a race, and helps make sure that everyone gets to
stay with whom they want.

Between July 1 and July 15: Log into affinity and select your room. You can
see who else is already in a room when you make your
choice.

THURSDAY NIGHT HOTEL
--------------------

If you plan on arriving on Thursday, please visit the Otakon 2009 wiki page
(http://www.cjas.org/mwiki/Otakon2009) and add yourself to the list under
the "Thursday Night Arrivals" section. Make sure to include your cell phone
number, since that is how I will reach you in order to get you access to
your room when you arrive.

You must list yourself by JULY 10, otherwise I will NOT have any space for
you on Thursday and you WILL be left to fend for yourself.

VOLUNTEERS NEEDED

We're running the Otakon game show this year, as we have the last 2 years,
and need volunteers to help us run the show. If you are interested, please
list your name on the "Otakon Game Show" section of Otakon 2009 wiki page
(http://www.cjas.org/mwiki/Otakon2009).

We also traditionally have a dinner outing on Saturday evening; I am in
need of someone to help coordinate this (pick a restaurant, solicit for
people, make reservations). If you are willing and able, please send me an
e-mail.

Thanks!