[CJAS Otakon] Otakon 2016 Hotel Is Open

James Kao jmk17 at cornell.edu
Sat Aug 6 00:37:36 EDT 2016

Hi all,

Quick summary:
  * Links with Information
  * Affinity is open (hotel confirmation and room selection)
  * Thursday night hotel
  * Need volunteers:
    * Otakon Gameshow
  * Adding people to my list

LINKS WITH INFORMATION

AFFINITY IS OPEN
----------------

You should have received an e-mail today indicating that I have opened up
registration for Otakon 2016 Hotel. If you are not interested in staying
with the hotel block I am arranging, feel free to ignore the message.

The hotel this year is the Sheraton Baltimore Inner Harbor. Costs are TBD
depending on the final confirmations in affinity, but should be under $150
for the whole weekend.

As with previous years, hotel registration will be done using the affinity
web application, which allows you to specify your roommate preferences.
Here are the important dates and steps:

By Aug 9:

Log into affinity at: http://www.cjas.org/affinity

Confirm your intent by clicking "Confirm Intent" in the left navbar.
While doing so, you can indicate whether you'd prefer a 4 person or 6
person room. Because I was unable to secure any rooms with 2 beds, we will
only be going 4 to a room, and this preference doesn't matter.

Once you have been approved, select your room. You can see who else is
already in
a room when you make your choice.

THURSDAY NIGHT HOTEL
--------------------

If you plan on arriving on Thursday, please visit the Otakon 2016 wiki
pagehttp://www.cjas.org/mwiki/Otakon2016 and add yourself to the list
under the
"Thursday Night Arrivals" section. Make sure to include your cell phone
number, since that is how I will reach you in order to get you access to
your room when you arrive.

You must list yourself by August 8, otherwise I will NOT have any space for
you on Thursday and you WILL be left to fend for yourself.

NEED VOLUNTEERS

As in previous years, we are handling the Otakon Game Show this year and
need volunteers. Those people who indicated they were willing to help out
in the signup web form will be contacted.